The Current – Tampa Prep’s Student Digital News
Be sure to check The Current website monthly for student news stories!
Yearbook pictures will be taken on Oct. 10, 2019.
Makeup day (for absent students only) is Nov. 13 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Upper School students will visit the photographer during their study hall on the dates specified. Middle School Students will visit the photographer during their Math Class. Seniors in NHS will also have their picture taken on TBD.
- If the student’s study hall or Math class does not meet, he/she should go before or after school or during lunch.
- After the scheduled Picture Day, families will receive a proof and order form from Studio Artistry by mail.
Senior Yearbook Pictures
All seniors must be photographed as early in the school year as possible to ensure their inclusion for print deadlines set for the yearbook staff. At the very latest, all seniors should have an appointment scheduled prior to Winter Break. If you do not have an appointment scheduled, or if you need to make any changes to your current appointment, please contact Studio Artistry directly at 813.873.7959.
After your student’s senior portrait session, you will return to the studio to select which photos should be included in the yearbook. You will select two images (one portrait and one casual) that Studio Artistry will send to Tampa Prep for inclusion in the yearbook.
**Please remember that photos selected for the yearbook must be school-appropriate and meet all dress code requirements described in the Guide to Academics & Student Life.**
As a tradition, the Tampa Prep yearbook, Talisman, provides a venue for parents to congratulate their graduating senior or child. If you would like to recognize your senior student as they venture into the next part of their life, the graduation of your eighth grader into Upper School, congratulate your son or daughter on athletic or academic success, or just send your love through a special message in the yearbook, you may place your tribute order now.
Please download the Tributes Contract document and decide which size tribute that you would like to purchase.
Tribute Submission Information
Please return the contract and check to the school by the deadline. The deadline to place an order for a yearbook tribute has been extended to Monday, January 13, 2020.
All materials and photos for the tribute MUST be submitted before this date to ensure your family receives a proof of the tribute space and corrections/adjustments can be made before the yearbook staff’s print deadlines.
Yearbook Tribute Guidelines:
- Photos will be submitted digitally. After your contract is received, you will get an email with instructions on how to upload the text and photos for your tribute.
- No pre-made tributes will be accepted. All tributes will be created by the yearbook staff. This is to ensure quality for printing and consistency.
- Depending on the size of your tribute, there is a limit to how many photos may be included. The limits are as follows:
- Full page- 10 photos
- Half page- 6 photos
- Quarter Page- 3 photos
If you want to provide specific feedback for the design of your tribute, the yearbook staff will be available by appointment on Wednesday, January 22 from 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. to help design your tribute on site. Once you have completed your contract and submitted payment, you will receive a link to register for a design appointment.
If you plan on including photos that are hard copies, please be sure to digitalize them to be uploaded with the rest of your content. Hard copy photos can get lost or damaged, so digital is best. Photos can be digitalized at home with a scanner or at any location that has photo services.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Chelsea Wieloszynski at school 813.251.8481 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.