There is a culture of innovation and creativity at Tampa Prep that extends beyond the classroom. Our willingness to try new ideas, think differently and push envelopes–anything that better serves students–is only possible through a community-wide culture of philanthropy.
Our students–your students–are modeling philanthropic leadership in the local community by raising funds for organizations through their clubs and special interest groups. As the School’s primary community-wide fundraising endeavor, the Annual Fund is your opportunity to model that same philanthropic leadership by giving to a cause that directly impacts your own household. We thank all of our generous donors for contributions that allow Tampa Prep to INSPIRE NEXT.
Annual Giving Leadership
Tampa Prep asks that families give as generously as they are able to impact today’s students immediately, and have a lasting effect on future students. If you are able to make a leadership gift to Tampa Prep, we welcome your support at the following leadership gift levels:
$25,000+: Founder’s Circle
$10-24,999: Head’s Society
$5,000-9,999: Dean’s List
$1,000-4,999: 1974 Society
Red & Gold Society
Alumni Leadership Clubs
> $1,000: Graduates of 25th reunion+
> $500: Graduates of the last 20-24 years
> $250: Graduates of the last 10-19 years
> $100: Graduates of the last 5-9 years
> $50: Graduates of the last 1-4 years
All donors are a part of our Friends of Prep Council and very much appreciated!
Thank You for Helping to INSPIRE NEXT!
Frequently Asked Questions
The Annual Fund is the School’s primary community-wide fundraising endeavor. It is our hope that, as a member of the community, you will participate in this fundraising initiative at least once throughout the academic year in a way that is meaningful to you. The Annual Fund directly impacts every program, department, student and faculty member by contributing to the School’s overall financial health and sustainability. All gifts are deeply appreciated. Unrestricted gifts allow school leadership and the Board of Trustees flexibility to address the highest priority needs of the school.
Tampa Prep is a nonprofit organization that operates without financial support from local or federal taxes. The School relies on tuition, annual giving, endowment, and auxiliary income (income from summer camps and facility rentals) to operate and continually improve.
Absolutely! Every gift plays a part in Tampa Prep’s success. Overall donor participation reveals how the school is valued by its constituents, and your gift is an expression of gratitude to the teachers who invest so much in our students. We encourage everyone to make Tampa Prep a philanthropic priority at whatever level they are able whether that be $5 or $50,000. Our Terrapin Society recognizes those individuals who give $1,000 or more. That being said, every gift, regardless of size, makes a difference.
The Golf Outing and Gala, while important FUNdraisers for the school, cannot be the financial base upon which we thrive. The Annual Fund serves as the primary way in which all our families can support the school.
- There are many ways to make a gift to the School. You may give by check, credit card or online. Consider giving monthly to relieve the pinch of a larger gift. For instance, a $2,500 gift to the Annual Fund would only be $208/month! GIVE NOW
- EVENT SPONSORSHIP. We love our sponsors! Event sponsorship at our fall Golf Outing and our spring Gala are two additional ways to support Tampa Prep. Please contact Meg Huntley, Director of Stewardship and Constituent Relations, to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
- GIFTS OF SECURITIES. A gift of appreciated securities (stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares) is the most economical way to make a gift. Your broker/financial advisor may electronically transfer ownership of the securities to Tampa Preparatory School’s account at Northern Trust. Please notify the Development Office at Tampa Prep when you initiate the transfer so we can be sure to credit your gift properly. Give your broker the following information:
- Broker: Depository Trust Company
- The Northern Trust Company, Trust Department
- Account Title: Tampa Preparatory
- Tampa Prep’s Account Number: 26-57916
- DTC Number: 2669
- Contact Charmaine Garner at Northern Trust with any questions: 312-557-3990 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- MATCHING GIFTS. Many companies offer a matching gift program to their employees as an added benefit. If your company has a matching gift benefit, it could double or even triple your gift to Tampa Prep. Contact your company’s human resources officer to determine whether or not they participate in a matching gift program.
- ORDER A PAVER. Leave your mark by purchasing a paver inscribed with the message of your choice. Pay tribute to your family, an alum, faculty member, student, athlete or anyone to whom you wish to give a permanent place in Tampa Prep history. Complete this online order form to order yours!
- PLANNED GIVING. Planned giving allows you to provide future support for the Tampa Prep programs that are of most interest to you–and often make a larger gift than you might have thought possible–by incorporating contributions to the School in your overall financial estate plan. Tampa Prep offers a variety of rewarding planned giving options such as bequests and annuities. Contact your tax professional for help in determining the best charitable gift for your situation.
- In addition, there are also a variety of ways to help ensure Tampa Prep’s future through CAPITAL GIVING. Similar to investing in your home, contributing capital funds enables new additions, buildings and facility improvements at Tampa Prep to remain commensurate with the high level of programs offered.
- Please contact Ki Perry, Director of Development, at 813-559-8835 or Jake De Weerd, Director of the Annual Fund, at 813-251-8481 with any specific questions you may have.
Tampa Prep is a 501(c)(3) organization as determined by the IRS. All cash gifts qualify for a charitable deduction in the year of payment as allowable by law. The tax deduction is limited to the excess of the contribution over the fair market value of any items received in exchange for the donation. For gifts to either the Gala or Golf Outing, your tax receipt will indicate the estimated value of services received. If you make a gift of appreciated securities, you will be entitled to a charitable deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of the gift and may be free from having to pay the tax on the capital gain. We recommend that you consult with your financial advisor to understand these tax benefits.
Additional questions? Reach out to Jake De Weerd, Director of the Annual Fund, at 813-251-8481 or email@example.com.