Wonder makes people look up at the stars. It turns dreamers into doers. It inspired Beethoven, Dalí and Lady Gaga. And it inspires us every day. We believe the world needs the next generation of great wonderers–those who delight in designing, creating, pushing boundaries. We are Tampa Prep. And we say, wonder on, and start right here on our downtown campus.
“I discovered ceramics through my senior year 3# Project. I’m a basketball player. I didn’t know I had this artistic side. It was really a big accident. I had no idea I’d love it this much. It’s therapeutic and calming. Someday I would like to have my own studio in my house where I can do this and maybe even sell it if people like what I do.”
– Gabe S. ’20, ceramicist
3D and 2D Student Artwork
Welcome to Gallery Nights, our virtual end-of-year student art gallery! Select the teacher’s name in the upper-righthand corner of the gallery to select the class and view images of student work. Seniors and AP students with a larger number of pieces have collective work highlighted.
Events and Performances
All at the Smith Black Box Theater
Join the Middle School theatre students as they present Snow Angel. When the quiet town of Deerpoint, Vermont is hit by the biggest blizzard in 107 years, a mysterious girl named Eva steps out of a snow bank and into the lives of 15 confused teenagers who are asked to help her in her search. Told through journal entries and interactions among the students over the course of a single snow day, Snow Angel is a funny and eerie tale of teen angst, discovery, and the power of believing.
February 10 – 12, 2022
Facilities, Partnerships and Advanced Disciplines
SMITH ARTS WING
- Production suite with state-of-the-art, production-grade tools and software. Digital Video lab includes green and white screen rooms. Pro tools include camera, lighting, digital video support (Final Cut Pro X, Compressor, Logic Pro X), Black Magic Cameras (similar to cameras used to film Avatar).
- Additional gallery space.
- Soundproof rehearsal studios for band and chorus.
- Dance Studio.
- Virtual Reality IDEA lab and makerspace.
- Smith Black Box Theater (upcoming events and performances listed below).
- Professional workspaces in 2D and 3D visual arts that includes:
- 2 ceramics kilns and a slab roller plus 4 electric wheels
- 2 enamel kilns
- Oculus VR
- DaVinci 3D printer
- iPad 3D Scanner
- Glowforge Laser Cutter
- a laptop and desktop that run AutoCAD
- Light table
- 13 sewing machines
We partner with Next Generation Ballet and the Patel Conservatory at the Straz Center for the Arts, located right across the river from us. We also partner with The Florida Orchestra and The Tampa Metropolitan Youth Orchestra who performed for our students in our Black Box Theater.
We offer Arts Concentrations in the areas of Band, Film & Video, Fine Arts, Theater and Vocal Music for students who want a deeper dive into the mastery of their discipline.