Wonder makes people look up at the stars. It turns dreamers into doers. It inspired Beethoven, Dalí and Lady Gaga. And it inspires us every day. We believe the world needs the next generation of great wonderers–those who delight in designing, creating, pushing boundaries. We are Tampa Prep. And we say, wonder on, using any of of our resources, all right here on our downtown campus.
“Being an artist gives me a creative outlet to embrace and display my cultural identity. At Tampa Prep, if you have a new form of art that you are interested in trying, the art teachers will always support you and help you explore your interests.”
– Iman A. ’19, Jewelry Maker
Smith Arts Wing
- Professional workspaces in 2D and 3D visual arts that includes:
- 2 ceramics kilns and a slab roller plus 4 electric wheels
- 2 enamel kilns
- Oculus VR
- DaVinci 3D printer
- iPad 3D Scanner (I will get you the real name
- Glowforge Laser Cutter
- a laptop and desktop that run AutoCAD
- Light table
- 13 sewing machines
- Additional gallery space
- Production suite with state-of-the-art, production-grade tools and software. Digital Video lab includes green and white screen rooms. Pro tools include camera, lighting, digital video support (Final Cut Pro X, Compressor, Logic Pro X), Black Magic Cameras (similar to cameras used to film Avatar)
- Soundproof rehearsal studios for band and chorus.
- Dance Studio.
- Downtown partnerships. We partner with Next Generation Ballet and the Patel Conservatory at the Straz Center for the Arts, right across the river from us. Also The Florida Orchestra and Tampa Metropolitan Youth Orchestra performed for our students in the Black Box.
- Virtual Reality lab and makerspace
- Smith Black Box Theater (Upcoming events and performances listed below) Want to peek behind the curtain at the Smith Black Box Theater? Watch this video.
Additionally, we offer an Arts Concentration for students who want a deeper dive into the mastery of their discipline.
- Digital Arts
- 2D & 3D Art
- Tech Theater
- Journalism, Web Design & AR/VR